(1) Thiem, J.D., T.R. Binder, J.W. Dawson, P. Dumont, D. Hatin, C. Katopodis, D.Z. Zhu, and S.J. Cooke. 2011. Behaviour and passage success of upriver-migrating lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) in a vertical slot fishway on the Richelieu River, Quebec. Endangered Species Research 15:1-11
(2) Hasler, C.T., G.C. Christie, J. Imhof, M. Power, and S.J. Cooke. 2011. A network approach to addressing strategic fisheries, aquaculture and aquatic sciences issues at a national scale: an introduction to a series of case studies from Canada. Fisheries 36(9):450-453
(3) Smokorowski, K.E., D. Boisclair, N. Bergeron, K. Clarke, S.J. Cooke, R. Cunjak, J. Dawson, B. Eaton, F. Hicks, P. Higgins, C. Katopodis, M. Lapointe, P. Legendre, M. Power, R. Randall, J. Rasmussen, G. Rose, A. Saint-Hilaire, B. Sellars, G. Swanson, N. Winfield, R. Wysocki, and D. Zhu. 2011. NSERC's HydroNet: A national research network to promote sustainable hydropower and healthy aquatic ecosystems. Fisheries 36(10):480-488
(4) Islam, M.D. and Zhu, D.Z. . 2011. A numerical study on confined wall jets in a shallow basin. Journal of Hydraulic Research 49(5):595-600
(5) Islam, M.D. and Zhu, D.Z. . 2011. Flow upstream of two-dimensional intakes. ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering 137(1):129-134
(6) Robertson, C.B., M.T. Langford, D.Z. Zhu, and A. Leake. Reservoir thermal structure and its effect on hydropower operation induced fish entrainment. Proc., World Environmental & Water Resources Congress, ASCE. Palm Springs, California. May 22-26, 2011. 10 p.
(7) Nafziger, J, J Morley, F Hicks, T Linnansaari, A Fraser, C Pennell, R Cunjak .2011. Freeze-up, breakup, and winter ice observations on four small regulated and unregulated streams in Newfoundland, Canada. Proc. 16th CGU-HS CRIPE Workshop on River Ice. pp 102-134.
(8) Gutowsky, L.F.G., Harrison, P.M., Landsman, S.J., Power, M., Cooke, S.J.. Injury and immediate mortality associated with recreational troll capture of bull trout (Salvelinus confluentus) in a reservoir in the Kootenay-Rocky mountain region of British Columbia. Fisheries Research 109:379
(9) Islam, M.D. and Zhu, D.Z. . 2012. Selective Withdrawal of Two-Layer Stratified Flows with a Point Sink and a Line Sink. Submitted to ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering.
(10) Islam, M.D. and D.Z. Zhu. 2012. A kernel-density based algorithm for despiking ADV data. In Press . ASCE Journal of Hydraulic Engineering. Accepted January 2013.
(11) Thiem, J.D., T.R. Binder, P. Dumont, D. Hatin, C. Hatry, C. Katopodis, K.M. Stamplecoskie, and S.J. Cooke. In Press. Multi-species fish passage behaviour in a vertical slot fishway on the Richelieu River, Quebec, Canada. River Research and Applications. DOI: 10.1002/rra. Accepted December 2012.
(12) Hatry C., T.R. Binder, J.D. Thiem, C.T. Hasler, K.E. Smokorowski, K.D. Clarke, Katopodis C., S.J. Cooke. In Press. The status of fishways in Canada: trends identified using the national CanFishPass database. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries: 000-0000.
(13) Hatry, C., T.R. Binder, C.T. Hasler, K.D. Clarke, C. Katopodis, K.E. Smokorowski, and S.J. Cooke. 2011. Development of a national fish passage database for Canada (CanFishPass) : rationale, approach, utility, and potential applicability to other regions. Canadian Water Resources Journal 36:219-228.
(14) Hatry, C., J.D. Thiem, T.R. Binder, D. Hatin, P. Dumont, K.M. Stamplecoskie, J.M. Molina, K.E. Smokorowski, S.J. Cooke. In Review. Comparative physiology and relative swimming performance of three redhorse (Moxostoma spp.) species: associations with fishway passage success and implications for fishway design. Physiological and Biochemical Zoology. Submitted Oct 15 2012.
(15) Johnson, J. E., Patterson, D. A., Martins, E. G., Cooke, S. J. and Hinch S. G. 2012. Quantitative methods for analyzing cumulative effects on fish migration success: a review. Journal of Fish Biology 81: 600-631.
(16) Nitychoruk, J.M. , Gutowsky, L.F.G. , Harrison, P.M., Hossie, T.J. , Power, M. Cooke, S.J. Sexual and seasonal dimorphism in adult adfluvial bull trout (Salvelinus confluentus). In review in Canadian Journal of Zoology. Submitted on 11th Nov 2012.
(17) Harrison, P.M., Gutowsky, L.F.G., Martins, E.G., Patterson, D.A., Leake, A., Cooke, S.J., Power, M. Partial diel vertical migration of a freshwater benthic piscivore: A daily trade-off between feeding opportunity, predation avoidance and bioenergetic gain. Submitted to Oecologia on 30th Jan 2013.
(18) Gutowsky, L.F.G., Harrison, P.M., Martins, E.G., Patterson, D.A., Leake, A., Cooke, S.J., Power, M. Diel vertical migration hypotheses explain size-dependent behaviour in a freshwater piscivore. Submitted to Animal Behaviour on Jan 29th 2013.
(19) Thiem, J.D., D. Hatin, P. Dumont, G. Van Der Kraak, and S.J. Cooke. 2013. Biology of lake sturgeon (Acipenser fulvescens) spawning below a dam on the Richelieu River, Quebec: behaviour, egg deposition and endocrinology. Canadian Journal of Zoology 91:175-186.